Thursday, December 16, 2021

When Blue Turns Gray

A color blast of a forest line in autumn flowing by a rivulet of golden lava.

 

In an unfamiliar town,

In a different pole

I saw her once again...

In the wake of a monsoon.


With the vapors

Of my dried out pain,

I paused for a while

And walked past her,

As I got to catch up with a rain.

 

I glided past her,

Calm and quiet

In a shuttered mind;

Feeling a shell-shocked

Pair of eyes behind.

And then she called me

To turn back to her;

Back to

The long frozen memories

In a worn-out attire…

 

I used to see her in blue

With the evening zephyr

Playing with her hair

In a magical golden hue:

Like the melting Sun

Splashing all its gold

In the western sky

In an enchanting flow.

 

She was in gray today

Putting on the same old

Mysterious beauty,

And the eyes lost

In the shades of glittering ray:

So close to me

Still far far away

Where the horizon

Keeps losing into the bay…

 

We exchanged ‘Hi’, ‘Hellos’

With the surprised looks and smiles

Which couldn’t reach out the eyes.

And then all our words dried out

In a silent hollow

With thousands of unearthed questions

To follow.

 

“Isn’t there anything left

From the days we lost together?”

She asked in a parting note.

“All the glittering stars of night

Lie deep beneath the day light.”

I replied before bidding goodbye

In a tone barely afloat

And a smile containing a hurricane

Of sighs.


© Atique R. 


1 comment:

Another Chance (A Lyric)

  Let’s make another chance To get back to the life We left behind In a trail abandoned For taming the wild; In the trail Of our...