Friday, May 31, 2024

The Rhyme Trilogy


 


1.


My Little River, Rhyme

 

-Have I ever told you about a river?

-Which river?

- The river flowing in a magical symphony, down the valley of my village. I call it Rhyme.

-Is that a part of your dream too?

-Yes, but more real than the rivers I came across in my another world what you call ‘real’.

-What do you do with that one?

-Kind of a place: serene, quiet and beautiful that I usually love to take resort to in a rough day. I can spend hours together just by sitting by the river while watching the flow of crystal clear water: blue like an ocean.

-When did you meet her?

-In one of my wayward wanderings deep down the wilderness. I was in search of a shade of ashen clouds in a hot summer noon and was following a gentle breeze with the smell of a faraway jasmine and an enchantingly beautiful song of the dancing water which seemed to be flowing on for a date with a nearby bay. The coastal part is yet to be undiscovered though.

-Haven’t you got that far yet? 

- Couldn’t make it. It always took me hours of trekking along a long mountainous way to get to my favorite tree by the bank of the river. Which is where I always get stuck by. And it always starts drizzling as soon as I get under the caring shelter of its branches. Couldn’t just resist the idea of dropping down my tired soul and giving it a break from weaving layers after layers of a delusional dream.

I’ll talk to you in another dream. Feeling terribly sleepy now after a week long sleepless night, without a nightingale to escape with …

 


2.


Raining on the Rhyme

 

I was talking to you

The other night

In another dream

In a delusional light

About my little river Rhyme,

Flowing down a broken valley

From a wuthering height.

 

On my way back home

From the melting colors of time

I caught sight of

A tiring twilight

From the falling Rome.

And that was when

I winged back

To my unfinished dream

Of the Rhyme in the rain

With the petals of my draining pain.

 

But the tree was not there anymore

And the branches were all gone.

The drizzling was a little heavier;

But the jasmine kept flowing on.

And it was time to move on

Along the dancing river

To weave the destined bay;

For we both needed a beach

And an infinite blue to reach.

 

But, I was not sure

If I could set the wings free,

Or the stream could make it to the sea;

For the dreams are not always

Flowing like a fluting autumn tree

To take you wherever you wanna be…

But, I kept walking along Rhyme,

My lovely little river in a rain

To set my floating dream free

And to let my fading soul

Fetch the blue from the sea…


3.


Rhyme Keeps Flowing on…

 

The road was narrow, hard and wild,

With upward and downward slopes

And I used to take that thoroughfare

With all my melting infant hopes.

And I used to sprint past

The hundred meter long dread

Piercing through a gray graveyard

 In the heart of the wayward woods,

For there was a long tree

With the smell of roasted beans;

For there was an untold tale

Of a pale-haired witch, as old as Tiresias

With the truths and its trail.

But, there was a river at the end...

 

With all those messed up visions

In the whirlwind

Of my frantic teenage dreams

I used to run past the woods,

The carefree graveyard in shades

Of the autumn yellow streams;

I used to chase down

The tempting scary thrills

To be in the flow of

The miles long corn fields

With the soothingly mysterious wind

Flowing in from somewhere unknown,

From a different time, untamed.

But the river was not Rhyme,

But the seed was so fervently sowed.

 

And now my little river Rhyme

Keeps showing up

In my many layered dreams;

For, now I can weave

All those silenced shrieking pains

Into the dreams of a summer rain,

For, now I can change

The smell of roasted beans

Into the drizzling of jasmine;

For now the river in my childish dream

Don’t get stuck in the charm of a terrain;

For, now the Rhyme keeps flowing on

All the way towards my blue ocean.

 


©Atique R.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rhyme Trilogy

  1. My Little River, Rhyme   -Have I ever told you about a river? -Which river? - The river flowing in a magical symphony, down t...