Thursday, May 19, 2022

Love and the Crescent Moon

A dreamy place with an exit to the undiscovered world of eternity..

 

I was lying on the dewy lawn

All all alone,

Watching the blooming Moon

Swinging carelessly on the torn

Fringes of long banana leaves.

And she was yet to come

With a hidden knife

In thirst of blood to cleave

Through my soaking dreams.

 

Hours gone by

With the night crawling alone

And to feel the glimpse

Of a crescent moon

Hanging high at the edge

Of a mysterious ridge,

I unlocked my soul cage

To fly along the misty breeze...

 

And then I looked

Down the lawn

Watching my body

Lying immobile

Like a heartless pawn

Screaming

In deafening silence,

'I loved you with my

Body and soul

In this illusive world

With a feeling undrawn,

Yet undiscovered and unknown...'.



© Atique R. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Chance (A Lyric)

  Let’s make another chance To get back to the life We left behind In a trail abandoned For taming the wild; In the trail Of our...