Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Together on a Sea

 



You and me

Together on a sea -

On a boat without sail,

On a boat without oar;

With nowhere to steer,

Without the drum beats of fear,

Like that of a seafarer-

Are drifting into the blue

Like that of the Neil,

With ice on the air. 

 

While cruising past carelessly

A derailed bunch of clouds

Like a lost wayward dreamer,

I looked straight into your eyes

Into the dark deep red

To ask for a favor;

For I’ve got to know,

Maybe it’s time to see

What awaits me thereafter.

 

You and me

Together on a sea

On a boat without sail

Without any oar to steer

Past the deep brown blank

Towards nothing to see;

While asking you

For a favor

Just for a moment to spare:

 

So I can pray to Him

To make it a little less painful

As you, the inevitable,

Take me past the border,

To that ultimate sphere;

For I really need to know

Maybe it’s time to see

What awaits me thereafter.


© Atique R.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Chance (A Lyric)

  Let’s make another chance To get back to the life We left behind In a trail abandoned For taming the wild; In the trail Of our...